free website stats program Extended Rear Shift lever | Harley Davidson Forums

Extended Rear Shift lever

USMCCWO5

I purchased and installed a great piece of gear. Walter's Workshop (google) makes an extended rear shift lever which puts the pedal about a 1/2 inch past the rear of the floorboard on my 07 FLHRC.

Chrome is flawless

Tight splines (even before I installed the bolt there was no play)

OEM styling (so it matches the stock front lever)

I now feel like I have three foot positions: front of floor board, rear of floor board, and highway pegs.

That's cool. I think I like this idea better than what I did. I got tired of not having enough room for my sasquatch foot so I took off the rear shift lever and put a high priced cover over the splines. Thanks for the tip.

James,
What size shoe/boot do you wear? I'm a size 10 and haven't really felt like I've run out of room yet but this does seem like a great addition. Thanks for the tip!

I have a size 15 boot and with the fairing lowers on I do a lot of shuffling to adjust my foot in the space between the heel toe shifter and if I ever had to get my foot out of there and on the ground in a hurry I might be up sh-t
creek without a paddle

James,
What size shoe/boot do you wear? I'm a size 10 and haven't really felt like I've run out of room yet but this does seem like a great addition. Thanks for the tip!

That would be a 9 1/2 boot. It really clears the rear of the floor board by an inch with the HD Nostalgia pegs.

Awesome tip James. I'm adding it to my wish list of mods/upgrades, and boy that list isn't getting any shorter!

Back