free website stats program expert help | Harley Davidson Forums

expert help

tdj45

I have had to many different answers to this question from local harley mechanics. Here goes, on a 2006 flht fuel injected tc 88 when installing aftermarket slip-on mufflers and a different air cleaner will a power commander or tfi also need to be installed. Or can it just be mapped without these. THANKS.

Either way. You can re-map the ECM or leave the existing map and stack a piggy back box on top.

I have had to many different answers to this question from local harley mechanics. Here goes, on a 2006 flht fuel injected tc 88 when installing aftermarket slip-on mufflers and a different air cleaner will a power commander or tfi also need to be installed. Or can it just be mapped without these. THANKS.

With slip ons and A/C you need more fuel. Some will tell you that you will be OK but you are taking a lean running bike and making it leaner.The dealer download is EPA specific and will put you back on the edge of factory lean. The ECM will only self adjust a bit and not enough to be right as far as the mixture. If you add a simple TFI, you would be amazed at the difference it will make and there's no mapping or dyno time needed.

Maps from HD will leave your bike Lean, very lean.... The EPA doesn't allow HD to richen the mix to the Needs of your bike... Once lean always Lean by them (hd) Unless you buy their Scrm'n eagle 500 or 550 $$ fueler from them, (off road use only) Then pay for dyno time to tune it in..

A TFI is so easy a honda man could install it...... No dyno tuning needed and cost about 255$ area. Discount if you mention HDT or other discounts if you qualify. Check Before you buy..

Everybody I have suggested to Buy and use the TFI is very happy and Glad they went this way instead of the Others....

signed....BUBBIE

Back