free website stats program Experiences with the "Bikersfriend" Roll bags? | Harley Davidson Forums

Experiences with the "Bikersfriend" Roll bags?

Safehaven

Is there anyone out there who's used a bikerfriends product?

I was looking for a medium travel bag which holds some spare clothes for a short (up to a week, I travel light) bike trip. And came across these roll bags.

Upsides
Pretty cool looking, attaches without a sissy bar, round and re-enforced container

I have not got a clue about the build quality and usage problems(?)

Any thoughts or experiences would be great before I shell out 200$ on a bag..

Link : http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/harleygallery.htm

Take care,

No problem to take the tent :) our tent (2p ultralight) packs up in about 6"x9"x2", this will stash away nicely in the bag.

But thanks for the thought, that would have been a big facepalm if it turned out to be overlooked!

I've used their "bags" for about 4 years. I have two bags, put one on a rack behind the sissy bar and one on the seat in front of the sissy bar. I'm satisfied with them but they are not completely water tight. My solution is to put clothing in 2 gal. zip lock bags. I like the backrest pad.......makes those long trips much more comfortable. I'm not sorry I bought them but I can't say they are better than other travel bags.

I've been using one of these for 2 years on my Dyna. I wouldn't go anywhere other than a short in-town ride without it. For me, it is the backrest that counts. The additional storage is great, especially the fact that is is so quickly accessible. It is true that it is not 100% waterproof. If you ride in a heavy enough storm, water can get inside, but I have not found it to be much of a problem. If you are going to use it as a backrest, I recommend a sissy bar for support.

The construction, durability, and quality are great.

Ind_Pass.jpg

Hey Jake, ThreeSteps,

Thanks for the comments, it's good to know that these bags aren't fully waterproof.
I was thinking about the kuryakyn custom roll bag as well, but like the way this one attaches.
Good to know the quality is all they say it is.

I think I'll get one this summer for the longer trips.
Take care,

Just bought one, the 10.5" for my FXSTC and love it. I think the quality is first rate and the lumbar support is great, but have yet to take a long trip with it, soon I hope. I also purchased the matching fork bag.
The only down side was the cost $185, but it was worth it.

The manufacturers are in Lubbock TX. Ray and Liz are very helpful, and they say you can return the bag within 60 days if you are not satisfied. Good luck!

Going to a shop where you can buy from people who have a name definately counts for something. I'm going to contact them soon to find out if they do long distance shipment.

Thanks for the replies.

Hey everyone,

It's been too long ago, but I've promised to reply with some pics. And here they are!

DB7Uo.jpg

fDdIl.jpg

As Jake said before, the bag really is something else. Perfectly conveinient, waterproof (ever in heavy rain). And holds enough for a week of touring if you can get by without too many luxuries ;)

Pics are from some mountain trips in Austria.

Enjoy!

Just bought the large bag on recommendation of someone who used one for many years and says it is still just great.This is to replace a KURYAKYN roll bag. This roll bag was in actual use for 8 months. The zipper pull slightly seperated and the zipper opened up from the back as it was zipped up.This was not seen as it was the bottom. Everything fell out between Montreal and Toronto! Rainwear, gloves, shoes ETC. They brushed me off! Deal with a good compant that cares. KURYAKIN? NEVER AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back