free website stats program Expensive Oops: Hole in S/E AC | Harley Davidson Forums

Expensive Oops: Hole in S/E AC

oldhippie

Just my luck. Went to clean my air filter. It was a little snug when I tryed to take it off. When it let go it bumped up onto the mounting sleeve and put a pen-head sized hole in the element:(. The pain part is I'm over an hour from the nearest shop for parts and it's too late today to run in for it, working 12 hr shifts all weekend so can't run in 'til Tuesday at the earliest.
I was thinking of placing a small bit of tape over the hole from the outside and seal it up with Automotive Goop (glue) until I can run in for a new filter.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Just my luck. Went to clean my air filter. It was a little snug when I tryed to take it off. When it let go it bumped up onto the mounting sleeve and put a pen-head sized hole in the element:(. The pain part is I'm over an hour from the nearest shop for parts and it's too late today to run in for it, working 12 hr shifts all weekend so can't run in 'til Tuesday at the earliest.
I was thinking of placing a small bit of tape over the hole from the outside and seal it up with Automotive Goop (glue) until I can run in for a new filter.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Wrap some panty hose around it works for me

As jack said a pair of tights wrapped round the filter will block any amount of holes but if you only have the one hole then any form of plugging the hole should see you through ok

Brian

As jack said a pair of tights wrapped round the filter will block any amount of holes but if you only have the one hole then any form of plugging the hole should see you through ok

Brian

Thanks Jack & Brian. Your ideas are much appreciated. Panty hose never occurred to me, but then again a buddy of mine used it in a pinch when caught riding in cold weather so they seal air pretty good.
I went with glue and tape and it looks like it'll seal it good. Now if the weather would cooperate (and the lotteries, $50 Mil draw tonight; but I won't hold my breath on either right now).

A little goop or silicone should seal it. Make sure it dries/cures before riding. If you use the panty hose make sure you remove them from the lady that's wearing them before you try to put them over the air cleaner. "LOL":bigsmiley30:

Great solutions! It amazes me what the collective minds here can come up with.

Good thing for the forum rules and the POOF button! These minds could get out of hand pretty quick, I'm thinkin.

Bodeen

Don't know why you would say that :D

tn203s3.jpg

Back