free website stats program Expecting too much | Harley Davidson Forums

Expecting too much

bassbum

Hey all .......Thanks for a great site for info. Got a question.
I recently had pipes/ac and PCV added to 09 Classic. Wanted to improve the sound and power. After the Dyno tune I only gained 3 hp and 4 tq..mostly in the lower to mid range. Is this about right????
Krome werks pipes ( which sound great) Arlen Ness big sucker ac and PCV.
Just wanted to hear some of your thoughts. The Dyno guy is reported to be very good.

Thanks

Sounds a bit light. Usually with the stage 1 upgrades and added fuel you see about 10-12 HP and added TQ too. Did he custom map it or just tweak a little on a canned map? How many runs did he do on the dyno?

Glider, can't answer how many runs he did but it was a custom map.

Glider, Talked to dyno guy and he said he did 15 runs and also forgot to add the stock dyno to my sheet. Thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he stated a little earlier that the "Dyno Guy" only gave him printouts of the dyno runs made AFTER the mods but didn't give him the baseline printout. That 3HP/4Q was a variance between runs made AFTER the mods.

Bummer...I want the SE heavy breather, PCV and a set of pipes, by the time all is said and done over a grand and maybe 10hp? ouch! Thanks for the write up tho

Might have cost a heap of $ but in my experience even a map that is "not quiet on the mark" will still make the bike a smoother, more pleasurable machine to ride. By the sounds of it your guy has got your bike pretty much spot on the mark and your bike will be sweet to ride in the real world. I reckon go for a few rides and you will be feeling better.

Neil

Back