free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

strodt

I would some advice on slip -on mufflers for abone stock 2000 electra glide standard carb model.I trying to find somthing where i dont have mess with the carb. I woud appreciate any advice.

A bone stock carbed Harley is already too lean, you may get away with slip ons tho you may end up with a slight hiccup I have done this with a 92 and a 97 Bagger and ended up rejetting any way JMO

I would some advice on slip -on mufflers for abone stock 2000 electra glide standard carb model.I trying to find somthing where i dont have mess with the carb. I woud appreciate any advice.

First off I wouldn't let rejeting the carb be the priorty, it's not that hard or expensive. With the new EPA rules and local Barney Fife out to collect every last penny they can get I would focus on a set of slipon's that are legal. After I'd found the slipon's that I wanted I'd rejet the carb to match them. Personally I'd hate to spend several hundred dollars plus the time gettin it just the way I want it and then some cop looking out for our saftey and security tell me they gotta come off, and oh, by the way , here's a hundred dollar citation too. Us bikers are an easy target, especially since we ride HD, they know we're doing something wrong.

Just get some Wild Pigs and have fun. They ARE the exact same pipes as RUSH, much less expensive and have 5 baffle options. 1.5's if you are worried about cops and 2.0's if you want to rumble.

thank god, the laws in mississippi don't exist yet, they never check to see if were running cats on our cars, or bikes, no noise ordinace, its run what you brung!!!
i hope it stays that way, every one i know that buys a 2010 and above hd, first thing to go is the cats.

Thanks for the advice ,where i live in mississippi no laws on exhaust.

I like to Suggest to go to an Event that has a lot of bikes,,,,,,Look and Listen,,, Find a bike the same as yours that you like the Sound,,,(make sure and ask them about "Engine Modifications" IF any,,, as that Will make a sound difference) and copy the exhaust they have..

FIND the sound you like,,, then $$$$$ saved. Better than Trial and ERROR,,, as Many do BUY and then Change out exhaust Because they didn't like the sound..

signed....BUBBIE

Good advice from Pigrider & Bubbie...get used to your ride a bit and explore while listening to a lot of similar setups...as exhaust systems are many and varied. And though you are enjoying a somewhat "lawless" lifestyle there in MS that will not last long, and H-D riders seem to invite inquiring minds, friendly and not so friendly...JMO!

Back