free website stats program Exhaust, tuner, and air cleaner suggestions for an '09 FLHT | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust, tuner, and air cleaner suggestions for an '09 FLHT

r8rs4lf

Just picked up an '09 and looking to change things up already. My neighbor has an '07 Street Glide with some Rhinehart slip ons and it sounds pretty good. Not too loud when he gets on it with a nice rumble at idle. I'd really like to hear some real world opinions from people who have tried certain combos whether they liked or disliked it.

I've been doing some reading and from what I gather, if I go with true duals, I'll loose some bottom end torque. What exactly will I get with true duals? Are slip ons the way? On my '09, it just about looks like true duals with the crossover underneath.

I used to have a GSXR and had a PC on it which I liked and had no problems with so I'm thinking of going that route again as far as a tuner goes. I would just like some opinions on the exhaust and air cleaner. Please don't use any abbreviations when recommending a product as I'm still very new to this scene.

TIA

Do it do it. Rineharts are the way to go for a good sounding system. I just put there mufflers on my new 09 ultra and nothing else. Runs fine. But I only have about 30 miles on it, plan on riding a couple hundred miles this weekend. But I see no problems. I'll let you know. Happy riding.

The basic advantage with true duals is reduced heat under the riders seat, other than that the "Y" of the stock system will work better for low end torque. The true duals are individual head pipes that are not connected like the stock ones are so you loose the scavenging between cylinders.

As far as the intake, the stage 1 from the dealer will do a good job with the addition of a K&N filter in it. Some dealers will credit the filter that comes in the unit for a K&N if you buy from them. The K&N is a better and reusable gauze type filter compared to the paper reusable one that comes in the kit.

The basic advantage with true duals is reduced heat under the riders seat.

So that's the only advantage probably besides looks? No gains as far as HP?

As far as the intake, the stage 1 from the dealer will do a good job with the addition of a K&N filter in it.

Now, stage 1, is that what I ask for if I decide to go with this? Like I said, I'm new to this scene so please bear with me.

So that's the only advantage probably besides looks? No gains as far as HP?

Now, stage 1, is that what I ask for if I decide to go with this? Like I said, I'm new to this scene so please bear with me.

That's about the only + and a better sound with the true duals. There's no performance gain using them.

The stage 1 intake or known as the screaming eagle intake is what it is called.

On the 09's the pipes have been rerouted anyway so the cross over has been moved.
It might be a good Idea to wait a bit for more aftermarkets for the 09's to hit the market.

Does this kind of rule out the heat issues I've read about from that crossover pipe?

Also, I talked to a Ryan at V&H and he told me the exhausts for the '09 are about 2 months out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back