free website stats program Exhaust Question... | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Question...

I know this has probably been asked 100 times before but just a quick question.. I have Cycle Shack Slip ons right now that sound good. But I really like the look of these...Holley Performance Products SOFTAIL, 1984-07 27410-4DHKR

I have not done any mods on my 07 FXST. No stage 1, AC, or anything, it sounds nice and runs fine with the slip ons.. Can I run these pipes without any other mods or should I mod. to run these??

Thanks,

ANY exhaust changes will increase flow and lean out a mixture to an extent whether you have a stage 1 or not.
A lean EPA mixture in the newer bikes is more critical than the older bikes were. If you feel comfortable taking a chance then do it, I wouldn't without some added fuel.

Be sure to check your plugs, especially if you experience popping when decelerating. I recently went through this after installing SEII slip-ons. I had the stage one air cleaner, but no fuel control system. I was running lean and tried switching back to a stock air cleaner, but was still running a bit lean. I verified this by checking my plugs. I eventually switched back to a performance air cleaner and went with a Power Commander.

simply put, if you want the bike to run right, get a fuel management device. while you're at it, get a high flow air cleaner, then you'll have a nice power bump.

sidenote: it's sure nice that those pipes come with c-clips, flanges, nuts!

Back