free website stats program Exhaust Question for my 99 Road King Classic EFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Question for my 99 Road King Classic EFI

myroadking

Can anyone recommend a good option for the Factory Exhaust? I am looking for a louder more low end rumble/thump? I want to make sure people in cars can hear me when i am next to them. Driving in Los Angeles Traffic can be hairy at times.

Thanks-

Chris

Can anyone recommend a good option for the Factory Exhaust? I am looking for a louder more low end rumble/thump? I want to make sure people in cars can hear me when i am next to them. Driving in Los Angeles Traffic can be hairy at times.

Thanks-

Chris

Check out local bike hang outs and check you tube for exhaust sound bites first. Many good choices out there, remember to add more fuel too:s

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll get dozens of opinions in a thread like this. Only YOU know exactly what you're looking for and what you'll be happy with.

Try to go to some type of bike event where there will be a variety of models and exhausts and start talking to folks. Harley people LOVE to talk about their bikes and the mods they've done.

You could also browse the used bikes at a dealership and ask them to fire up any bikes with the aftermarket exhausts you're thinking about adding.

Good Luck!

I have Samson rolled oval slip-ons on my 99 road king classic and they sound great and look great too.:newsmile090:

I have Freedom Performance True Dual Fishtails on my 07 FLHRCI and they are amazing! Just loud enough without being obnoxious and that deep growl as well. Extremely well built product with 16 gauge steel, all stainless hardware, and full coverage heat shields at an affordable price, looks and sound GREAT!

here's their site
Freedom Performance

Dr D: Re. your signature line ‘2008 Street Glide - Dobeck GEN3 EJK - SE Slip Ons - SE Stage I A/C ..........‘
May I ask: Are your SE slip Ons HD Screaming Eagle (PN: 80491-07) or Supertrapp SE? Would you say they are a little louder than stock, or quite louder? Thank You.

I have a set of Vance and Hines Dual Radius. They sound and look great. I had them tested at a Bike meeting the other day with a sound of 131.4dB Bike is fuel injected

in california better check what emissions are allowed b4 you go changing things. Indy shops will let u know what you can get away with. check some out

Back