free website stats program exhaust problem | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust problem

HOLY DIVER

got a small issue that is driving me nutts! i install true dual head pipes over the winter.and now i'm getting a squeaking noise from the rear head pipe i've looked and looked and can't see it rubbing anything at idle(it only does it at idle) i re-installed the heat shield still no luck. i'm lost and its driving me nutts.
06 RK cobra true duals/bub slip on's

When you installed your new exhaust, how did you install them? Did you tighten the header nuts first and then the rest of the exhaust brackets? Did you install new exhaust gaskets? If so, what type did you install? Did you re-check your exhaust header nuts?

When you install exhaust pipes, the first time you go through a heat cycle, things expand and contract, did you go back and retighten the nuts? Before you do that, you need to loosen all of the brackets for that rear exhaust... Then tighten your header nuts then retighten all of your other exhaust brackets... Hope this helps...

oh yea installed them per instructions, went back after 50miles of riding and tightened the exhaust port nuts,i used cometic exhaust port gaskets. i can't figure it out but it seems 2 be coming from the rear of me when i'm on the bike

got a small issue that is driving me nutts! i install true dual head pipes over the winter.and now i'm getting a squeaking noise from the rear head pipe i've looked and looked and can't see it rubbing anything at idle(it only does it at idle) i re-installed the heat shield still no luck. i'm lost and its driving me nutts.
06 RK cobra true duals/bub slip on's

Spray some wd40 or silicone lube in the muffler hangars, my baggers all did that, under the bags where the hangars are gets dry and the rubbers squeak

Like Jack indicates - bet it's the rubber pipe hanger. Lube it a bit & hope it disappears...if not, I'm at a loss...

Back