free website stats program exhaust "popping" | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust "popping"

09 fxd with vance and hines straight shots and hypercharger and techlusion tfi. the exhaust "popps" on decel a little. i have the tfi set just how the picture shows. Can anybody tell me which screw i need to adjust and which way?

better flowing exhust will give you pop on decel you might not be able to tune it all out .. chasing a ghost on this one

we'll do! I had planned on there being potential for it to do this. The first screw is the only one i have played with. It's not that bad just wondered if maybe there was a fix. If i work the throttle just right on decel i can get it not to do it.

I like mine popping a little.
Sometimes it sounds like I shot at someone!
I've even seen people duck down in their cars. Haha

if it bothers you(the popping) you could add a lollie-pop type baffle for a little more back pressure.Pull a plug and look at it to see how it's burning,that will tell you alot.You still might have to give it some more fuel,Dave...

I would think with the right tune you should be able to get rid of this problem. I did an exhaust, air filter upgrade and had the same issue. I swapped out a fuel pack with a harley tune and a dyno. No more popping on decel. Im no expert on TFI but it seems like if you find the right person they should be able to help. If not, talk to a trusted harley dealer, they can help you. They helped me (of course it cost $800, but I would do it again in a heartbeat as my bike runs tip top now).

Back