free website stats program exhaust HELP with 103 upgrade on 08 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

exhaust HELP with 103 upgrade on 08 Ultra

wstalker

I'm getting a 103 inch upgrade with 255 cams and the dealer is trying to talk me into a bub 7 2 into 1 setup. I'm impressed with the performance I've been seeing, but not so sure about the looks on an Ultra. Any hints about what I could expect from bub true dual with crossovers or for that matter just a good pair of slip ons as far as performance goes. Any advice is appreciated

You probably will get more performance out of a 2-1 but like yourself, many people dont like the look of 2-1 pipes on a bagger. They want the dual pipes out the back. So i take it you're running stock exhaust and mufflers now.

The cheapest route would just buy slip-on mufflers and try that first. Then later down the road you could get true dual pipes and still use the same mufflers. There are many different types and makes of mufflers. On the dyno ive had the best numbers with rinehart and bassani megaphone slipons

If you want to get all the bang for the $$$ your spending on the 103/cam upgrade a 2 into 1 is the only way to go...it's the icing on the cake...Your stock head pipes(which is a slightly modified 2into1) with a good slip on will do better than true duals,but both will leave a lot on the table compared to a good 2 into 1!...jmo

I kind of figured the same as well. They had a set on a cruiser at the shop and have to admit they are pretty sharp from the side if the exhaust. Just looks very weird from the back. The dealer told me don't worry, you'll be in the front after this...he should sell cars...lol

Yup that's the trouble. You will be in the front so everyone is looking at the single pipe at the back. HAHAHAH Guess it depends if you want all the performance you are paying for or the balanced look?

Thanks for the help folks. After the last two days of researching the hundreds of opinions on this I have decided to keep the stock head pipes with a set of BUB 7 slip-ons. I just couldn't get past the looks of that one pipe system on the classic. Thanks again. Great forum.

I have the Vance & Hines Big Shot True duels & love them ! Both pipes are a solid pipe no slip on stuff here also the heat shield is continuous from the front to the back no seams . The main advantage of the true duel is that you replace the head pipes and get rid of the crossover pipe , doing this will eliminate 50% of the heat on your right leg and that means you and your passanger will be more comfortable and have a much more enjoyable riding season . :D In the picture you see that the crossover is gone and how it opens up the engine , you can also see how it would be cooler on your leg .

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 31
Back