free website stats program Evo puking oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo puking oil

nascar7613

1995 Bad Boy Softail. The engine pukes oil constantly out of the crankcase breather hose until there is no oil left, not just on start up. According to my customer, it was rebuilt around 4000 miles ago. It has 170 lbs of compression in both cylinders and passes the leak down test. I don't believe that any of the oil is returning to the tank. Any advise would be appreciated.

You should be able to see oil returning to the tank. If oil is not returning, pull the return hose and check for blockage. Then pull the cam cover and see if there is something blocking the pump return.

The '95 Evo vents through the heads. Just where is the oil puking from?

You should be able to see oil returning to the tank. If oil is not returning, pull the return hose and check for blockage. Then pull the cam cover and see if there is something blocking the pump return.

MY 1997 EVO,

I did a little smoothing on the return oil pimp area in the cam chest ,,, Making sure it didn't Jump gear timing OR the Gear worn out... IF I remember correctly, I removed the plastic gearing and replaced it with Metal ones.

IF not timed correctly here, oil stays in the motor fills up and Blows out the vents... it is like sumping...

signed....BUBBIE

Where does the other end of the vet hose go? How much oil are we talking about? On my 94 Evo I have run a hose from a connecting tube at the heads down under the bike. I put a small clear plastic filter on the end of it and it does get some misted oil from the heads. There is an umbrella valve in the rocker box that can get hard over time and allow larger amounts of oil to escape through the vent.

Hey guys, turns out the hose under the bike puking the oil is the drain hose for the oil tank with no plug in it. Thanks for all your input.

Back