free website stats program evo motor smoking | Harley Davidson Forums

evo motor smoking

ez rider

my bike started smoking on rear cyclender one day bike man saed it was getting to much gas dos not sound wright any comets

Black smoke is fuel, blue/white is oil. It could be many things. What year, and how many miles on the engine? Anything done just before it started smoking?

Is the oil over full? As Breeze3at said, we need to know if it's oil or gas, your bike will smoke if there is too much oil.

it is using oil bad it is not over full on oil it is black white smoke did not do any thing to bike prier rear cylinder plug has oil on plug front has soot on plug bout bike used been changing carb jets and checked timing nothing helps changed Sparke plugs bike was smoking a little when i first got and got worse

Are you sure it's oil on the rear plug or is it gas, the description of the front plug makes me lean towards fuel problem.
Pull the dip stick and put a few drops of oil in the palm of your hand, if it spreads in the lines of your skin relatively fast it is contaminated with gas, stays in place then not bad.
Oil diluted with gas can make the engine smoke.
Oil burning is blue in color.
Excessive fuel will be black smoke.

First, it would help if we had more information like; model and year? how many miles? stock or modified? if modified, how?

OP says "it is using oil bad" so regardless of the smoke color, compression and leak down test are the next steps. Once we have that information, we will know. Changing carb jets and timing could have an affect but not likely. Ring seal is likely bad and/or guide seals leaking. Compression and leak down test will reveal.;)

Agree with dolt, a leak down test should be the next order of business. Looks like a ring job is in your future, JMHO.

Back