free website stats program Evo Charging System | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo Charging System

stefdustin

I am curious. I there a common amount of mileage when you can expect to have stator-regulator problems or does this problem depend on the individual bike?

Individual owner. If you take care of the charging system, I believe there is a good chance you may never eat a complete system.

I am curious. I there a common amount of mileage when you can expect to have stator-regulator problems or does this problem depend on the individual bike?

Nope. But do what you can to extend the life of your charging system. The two biggest things are getting and using a BATTERY TENDER everyday, and changing your primary fluid frequently.

TQ

My '92 with 60.000+ miles has the original rotor and stator. I'm on the 3rd voltage reg. It's important that the stator plug (by the end of oil filter) be kept fully plugged in. They get knocked loose and can start a chain of bad events.

made a clip to keep mine plugged. they do make clips or springs for this purpose. 0n 93 its always been regulators go bad 1 only lasted a month.

My '92 with 60.000+ miles has the original rotor and stator. I'm on the 3rd voltage reg. It's important that the stator plug (by the end of oil filter) be kept fully plugged in. They get knocked loose and can start a chain of bad events.

made a clip to keep mine plugged. they do make clips or springs for this purpose. 0n 93 its always been regulators go bad 1 only lasted a month.

There are others out there, but here is one option:

Stator Plug Retainer - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Rule #1. Don't try to stretch every last day you can out of a battery. It is not a contest. Buy a new one Before you really need one.

Rule #1. Don't try to stretch every last day you can out of a battery. It is not a contest. Buy a new one Before you really need one.

I have to AGREE here. I went thru a stator then another only to find out a BAD battery was the culprit....

Also on my 2000 FXDS the oil out of the filter( when changing) would get INTO the stator plug... I don't know if this caused my stator to go bad but the stator Plug was Full of oil and may of shorted the stator out... What say Hoople?

signed....BUBBIE

I have to AGREE here. I went thru a stator then another only to find out a BAD battery was the culprit....

Also on my 2000 FXDS the oil out of the filter( when changing) would get INTO the stator plug... I don't know if this caused my stator to go bad but the stator Plug was Full of oil and may of shorted the stator out... What say Hoople?

signed....BUBBIE

Oil and electricity dont mix good, had a customer today wiyt leaky valve cover gaskets ruined his alt serp belt and tensioner, big bucks:D

Back