free website stats program Everything's amazing | Harley Davidson Forums

Everything's amazing

I remember when the folks who lived down the street from us got the 1st TV in the neighborhood.
It stood about 4ft. tall and the TV screen was only about 8in. by 8in.
We would all gather at their house after supper in the evening and watch the only couple of shows that were on.
There was only one channel, and it was only on the air so many hours a day.
Am I old????? I didn't think so till I just wrote that.

Good one! From the "greatest generation" to the "most spoiled generation" in sixty years.....what an accomplishment.:newsmile048:

Had to forward this clip to several friends.

Well Steve and Glider, as is often the case, I agree with both of you 100%!
Is it our age, or just that we have so much in common in other ways, that we think so much alike?
I know, correction, I KNOW, that when I show this to my sons they'll just laugh, and say I'm "showing my age again", but guys...this video is SO TRUE....very word of it!

We, (guys our age), take so much for granted, but at least we KNOW we take it for granted!

(That is a VERY important distinction, do you agree?)

Our kids don't even GET that!

OOPS Rich another misspelling, what's up with you lately :lolrolling

Don't beat yourself too badly now!:newsmile090:

Bet you don't remember the magnifiers over the TV screen?

How about the first color tv in the neighbourhood,everyone would rush over to their place to watch it. Oh and Rich I think Glider is refering to a missing?if that helps:s

Last edited:
I had a Etch-A- sketch that was the closet thing to a computer then. Kids these days call it key boarding when we called it typing. our can opener broke down Christmas, told the daughter there was one in the drawer.....she said do I look that stupid???...I pulled it out and she still did not beleave me... then it occured to me..she had never been exposed to a manual opener, only electric.

Back