free website stats program Error Code 23 Front Injector open/Low 02 FLHRI | Harley Davidson Forums

Error Code 23 Front Injector open/Low 02 FLHRI

rementors

Hey Folks,
Thanks for the info here.
I used some of it to pull the diagnostic codes from my 2002 Road King FLHRI.
I came up with code 23, which says according to the code chart I found here, "Front Injector Open/Low".

Frankly, not being mechanical at all, I have no idea what this means. Some other threads suggested checking loose or broken wires, I think I have done that, and the bike still has issues.

The bike first has the engine light come on, after start up, for a few seconds, then go away. Then, after running for a long run last week, the engine light came on again, and the engine sputtered, lost acceleration etc.

I am running stock,everything, except for the Vance and Hines straight pipes I have on it. (they've been on the bike for 3 years, and it ran fine, until recently.).
Now, the engine light comes on intermittently, and the bike still sputters, coughs, and loses acceleration at almost every speed.

Any ideas?
Obviously, I'll have a good tech work on it (spell that, not the dealer, but another shop locally that works on HD's, and has certified mechanics, cheaper prices, and is honest)

Do the injectors fail? Can I replace that? Wires to it? Checked them, they seem fine..........I think. (might not have checked the correct wires).

How do I get in there to check this? Do I need to remove the tank?

This is my main mode of transport, and not riding her is driving me insane.

any help apprecaited,
Thanks,
Jim

okay, sounds good. However, keep in mind, I'm an idiot when it comes to working on things.
I can check for broken wires, obviously, but, where?
Where do I locate the injector wires?
Do I need to remove the tank to get to this?

Any help is appreciated..........in addition to what you've already provided..........thanks for that by the way.
Would love to find a broken wire and fix that, or at the least, take it to the mechanic and say, "here is what I found, can you fix it", and save some labor $$, when they don't have to search out the problem.

Thanks in advance for the quick reply.
Keep the rubber side down,
Jim

Bud,
Thanks Bro!
Will get on that.
Amazing that after riding for 30 years, these new fuel injected bikes have me all confused.
Used to do all the work myself on my old 87 FLHS (miss that bike).........was an evo, but, learned to love it, because it was EASY to work on.
All this electronic stuff drives me nuts.

Thanks, I'll check those wires.

Take care,

Last edited:
Back