free website stats program Enricher Use Tip For Carbed Bikes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Enricher Use Tip For Carbed Bikes

Thanks guys, I did learn the twist of the throttle trick this year, I forgot to mention that. It made a world of difference. :D And, for the record, Smitty, I'm willing to bet that my bike will never have to worry about going out in 10* weather, unless of course, someone else owns it. I'm a fair weather rider. :D

A lot depends on the jetting in the bike Joy. If properly jetted I would say when it's cold like below maybe 50 or so, it will start faster usually but when it gets down around 40 then it's a given to pull the enricher out.

It's kind of a trial and error thing with each bike. Sometimes just a twist of the throttle will suffice without the enricher but once started may take a bit of throttle to keep it running for a few seconds until it gets some heat in the engine.

Glider, the twist of the throttle trick is based on those who have an accelerator pump like my Sporty right? I find that it starts immediately, but still takes a while to "clear it's throat" (so to speak) by blipping the throttle to keep the motor running, from moderately cool 55 deg or so on up. :s

The bike starts and runs better if you begin at full choke and immediately move it to 1/2 choke, before riding away "gently". By the time I get two blocks and come to a stop, I push the choke all the way in with my left hand, by this time I do not have to keep blipping the throttle with my right hand, the throttle can be at rest and the motor idles and accelerates cleanly...!

I have to try to keep the bike moving, as I am running essentially straight DragS 1 3/8 pipes, stage I air cleaner & carb kit...to keep the neighbors happy in the mornings (I have since added baffles), but the pipes are still pretty loud...I still set off at least three car alarms on my way to work ! :newsmile01:

Back