free website stats program Engine, Transmission, and Primary Oils | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine, Transmission, and Primary Oils

ufgator

Account Removed
I have read several of the threads about the different oils available and recommended for my 2007 Heritage Softail Classic. I just purchased the bike and will be changing all three fluids this weekend. I have my selections narrowed down to a couple of fluids for each application and wanted to see if someone could help me decide between the two for each application.

1.) Engine oil - Mobile 1 V-twin 20W-50 or Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Synthetic Oil
2.) Transmission - Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission oil or Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof
3.) Primary - Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic Transmission/Gear Oil, Formula +, or Redline V-Twin Transmission Oil with ShockProof

Thanks for your help.

I have read several of the threads about the different oils available and recommended for my 2007 Heritage Softail Classic. I just purchased the bike and will be changing all three fluids this weekend. I have my selections narrowed down to a couple of fluids for each application and wanted to see if someone could help me decide between the two for each application.

1.) Engine oil - Mobile 1 V-twin 20W-50 or Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Synthetic Oil
2.) Transmission - Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission oil or Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof
3.) Primary - Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum Full Synthetic Transmission/Gear Oil, Formula +, or Redline V-Twin Transmission Oil with ShockProof

Thanks for your help.

These would be my choices of what you posted...

1.) Engine oil - Mobil 1 V-twin 20W-50

2.) Transmission - Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission oil
Redline as a second choice here.

3.) Primary -Formula + (nothing fancy or synthetics in here)

Does the Primary not need one of the synthetics from Redline or Spectro because it is not under the same heat and stress as the engine and the transmission or is the Formula+ just a great product? Is there any downside to using the Redline or the Spectro product (or even the Mobile 1 gear lube)?

Thanks again for your help.

Back