free website stats program Engine stalling | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine stalling

JebFalk

I have a 2006 Road King that stalls when I pull in the clutch coming to a stop. It runs well otherwise with no problems. The engine light comes on sometimes too when this happens. I can hit the start button right away and it starts right back up again. Also the speedo sometimes stops working about half the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Good Day, There is a Clutch switch which ties into the TSM/TSSM control unit. It sounds like there may be a short to Ground in your left hand control or somewhere in the pathway... I would check up in the handle section first, if all looks good there work your way toward the TSM/TSSM unit... Good Luck !!!

Thanks for the response. We have checked into that, and it's not the case. Seems like a short to ground somewhere along the lines. Any more suggestions?

I have already replaced the speed sensor. That did not solve our problem. Thinking of jacking up the gas cap and sliding a new bike underneath.

I swapped the entire throttle body unit from another bike. No difference, still does the same thing. Also swapped the crankshaft position sensor.

If your engine light is also coming on the ECU should be recording a fault code. I'm not sure if the '06 has self diaognostics, if it does read further on HD talking & there were instructions on how to read the codes & what they mean... That should lead you to some help... I'm sure this is very frustrating, but my moto is "Give out, but Don't give up"

Back