free website stats program Engine stains | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine stains

theklanchXL1200N

Question about my warranty and my primary cover. My 07 nightster's primary cover is all stained from a leaking inspection cover. How much trouble is it gonna be for me to get a new one. Two dealers that I talked to told me that Harley isn't gonna cover it. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hey hobbit I talked with my one and only "buddy" at a dealership. He told me he was gonna order me a primary cover and change it and go from there. He said he would rather me be happy and upset the Harley warranty department than turn me away. He said his dealership will eat the cost of the part if Harley won't stand behind it. I think he is gonna help me as the dealership that is closer to me was one of the dealers that told me that I should learn to live with the stains cause harley "doesn't stand behind anything cosmetic."

Question about my warranty and my primary cover. My 07 nightster's primary cover is all stained from a leaking inspection cover. How much trouble is it gonna be for me to get a new one. Two dealers that I talked to told me that Harley isn't gonna cover it. Anyone have any experience with this?
this may sound funny but my nightster had a stain on the primary also and a friend of mine that works at harley said to use pam oven cleaner.
soak the stain and let it sit over night and wash with soap and water.
i did this and the stain is gone.

Last edited:
Back