free website stats program Engine power #'s | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine power #'s

tsp45acp

Looking thru the owners manual of my 08 1200C Sporty, under the torque section it lists :79.1 ft-lbs @4000rpm. Next block lists:107.3 Nm @ 4000rpm.

I know what ft-lbs are, But what is "Nm"? Thanks, Tracy

Looking thru the owners manual of my 08 1200C Sporty, under the torque section it lists :79.1 ft-lbs @4000rpm. Next block lists:107.3 Nm @ 4000rpm.

I know what ft-lbs are, But what is "Nm"? Thanks, Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Nm are the SI(International System of Units) units (scientific standard for torque) in metric units. Stands for Newton.meters. Force multiplied by (distance from the point of force application to the point of torqueing action/rotation).

Ft-lbs is the imperial equivalent, distance multiplied by force.

To convert:

1 Nm = 0.7374631268436578 ftlbs

1ftlb = 1.356 Nm and obviously = 12 inch lbs

So get your calculator and torque wrench and have fun. :D

Don't have a torque wrench & don't have any intention of buying one, Just wondering what the "Nm" stood for. Thanks for all the answers. Tracy

The torque wrench and the calculator gag didn't work then eh?:D:D
I want one that works in lb-meters - a mid-Atlantic torque wrench. Probably using them on submarines even as we speak :D

At the present moment I don't have any intention of doing anything to my bike. Service every 5K isn't THAT bad $$$ wise. Not doing a "stage 1 or paying the taxes" right now. Gonna leave it alone for now. Tracy

Back