free website stats program Engine pinking | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine pinking

trikerman

Hi there guys,I know that I don't post often but I lookin from time to time, I have a stock2000 Road king classic which as done 19,000 miles, I have owned it from new, and I have a problem with engine pinking espescially if I'm towing a trailer,any Ideas what's wrong,and can it do any damage.

Thanks John.

If it really only happens when pulling and you have used the higher octane, then you could also use an octane booster to help while towing. If your 2000 is stock and you pull a lot, I would also recommend installing tw37 cams,ac and pipes. This will give you a comfortable power boost that will make the trailer feel like it was not there.

Thanks for the replies Guy's, sorry late in answering but we have been on vacation for a few days.

Cheers John.

Well I've fitted the power pro fueller to-day and took the bike down the freeway and accelleration is a lot better, I took the Trike up to 90mph and it pulled well, I didn't fancy trying it any faster. I will be towing my teardrop trailer this week- end so will see if pinging has ceased.

John.

Back