free website stats program Engine noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine noise

Redfish-Joe

After a good ride today I stopped off to get a glass of tea while the rain passed. Rode about 150 miles or so with a few stops along the way. The bike ran and sounded great. I was stopped for the rain maybe 30 minutes but when I started the bike to leave, there was a heck of a rattle coming from the lower right side on the motor. I did a quick sweep of the gauges and the oil pressure was over 40psi according to the gauge. I shut it down and checked my oil which was ok. Started it back up and it rattled bad for a couple of seconds with the oil pressure at above 40psi and the it dropped to down to around 32psi. The motor quitened and I rode it on home. Started it again and everything seems back to normal. What do ya'll think?

08 Road Glide
No mods
8000 miles
Mobil V-Twin oil

She was giving you that "Cold Shoulder Shudder" for leaving her out in the rain that long! hahahahaha!!!! :D

Worth opening it up and having a look at the lifters, tensioner etc unless you have a warranty.

I'll call the service dept. Monday and see what they want to do. If they say "it's normal" then it will be normal till it quits. Warrenty expires 2015.
Thanks Glider.

They said they need to replace the cam plate. The plunger on the oil relief spring maybe binding. Believe it or not the service manager said they had to do a couple of 08's already. Got an appt setup.

Back