free website stats program engine missfire | Harley Davidson Forums

engine missfire

bear02

anybody have this .thought i got bad gas. but am now on 2nd. tank. any info will be helpfull 2009 super glide.

anybody have this .thought i got bad gas. but am now on 2nd. tank. any info will be helpfull 2009 super glide.

Hey Bear -- Got anymore info on your troubles Bro? Has there been any recent mods,changes , tweakin....????

Clean battery cable connections on both ends of both battery cables (neg off first, on last). Measure battery voltage when cables disconnected, then when reconnected. Check again when running. Let us know.

TQ

Sound like you have a CRACKED FUEL LINE inside the fuel tank !!! Is the bike throwing any codes ??

Sound like you have a CRACKED FUEL LINE inside the fuel tank !!! Is the bike throwing any codes ??

Hard to believe on a 09, but hey anything's possible.

Bear? what exactly is your bike doing? Surging? Under any load,full WOT, crusing?

think i found problem.unhooked tfi .runs good. was looseing one cylinder for a few seconds.then running fine.

think i found problem.unhooked tfi .runs good. was looseing one cylinder for a few seconds.then running fine.

So is the TFI hooked up again and it is running well, or is the TFI unplugged and the engine runs well, but when the TFI is plugged back it there is a problem. If the latter, get hold of TFI and talk to them about it. I am sure they will want you to send them the unit for analysis once they have walked you through whatever trouble-shooting they want you to do. They won't leave you hanging.

TQ

talked with dobeck .said to fill out e-mail for return.would let me know if problem with unit. thanks for all replys. ran fine with diconected. pluged back in and same problem.

Back