free website stats program Engine Light????????????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Light?????????????

trem5150

SO my engine light comes on this morning on the 25 mile ride to work. An 08 Electra Glide Classic with 6800 miles. I bought it with 5000 and the HD dealer said they did the 5000 mile service. THe owners manual say "see your HD dealer" go figure!
Any help???? Thanks

ahhhhhh!
ok so I ran that di8agnostic test. all were none except the first P which was p0577. I proceeded through and cleared it. what would cause this ??

thats cruise control input high i checked the self help sec..now that it means i do not know.

right it is talking to me, but high input ??? that is bizzare to me. Im not tracking. I need to look in my bike manual.

The electrical service manual will take you right to the cause but "input High" usually means the trigger or input sensor wire/connector is open or has an intermittent connection. Inputs to modules usually have what are called "pull up resistors" in them which will force the input "hi" (+5v) when nothing is attached to them.

In your case, an input would mean something like the vehicle speed sensor (an input) was disconnected electrically (even for a second) which would force the module input to go "Hi" as a result of the pull up resistor.

Back