free website stats program engine dies | Harley Davidson Forums

engine dies

bear02

have 2009 super glide .two into one bub 7 ex.hevey breather dobeck tuner.started to die backfire but starts rightback up starts after about 1 to 2 miles.any sug. would be appreciated

voltage at battery at idle is 12.8 fast idle 13.3
Voltage is on the lower end of the parameters, but it shouldn't cause the problem you described. Did you undo the fueler and run it as I suggested?

have 2009 super glide .two into one bub 7 ex.hevey breather dobeck tuner.started to die backfire but starts rightback up starts after about 1 to 2 miles.any sug. would be appreciated

Check out the Dobeck as described above. If that was not it, then check out below.

I had that sort of problem on my FI bike when the IAC (Idle Air Control stepper motor) got all gummed up. If you do a search on this site you will find this thread:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/idle-air-control-iac.18936/

The cleaning procedure can be seen here:

I would try cleaning the IAC as described or shown and see if that helps with your problem. If it does, then I suggest replacing the IAC and rerouting the crankcase breather so it doesn't dump oil mist in the intake throat. Otherwise, you will be back to cleaning in another few months!! Trust me - been there, done that!!

If cleaning the IAC does not help with your problem symptoms and it wasn't the Dobeck, then it is another problem but probably sensor related.

Let us know.

Cheers,

TQ

undid tuner same problem.cleaned iac same problem.going to change plugs sat. charge battery also may change fuel filter thanks for all the help sorry it took so long to get back

I think the sensors are the next thing to check. The CPS (CKP) and VSS would be likely candidates. Make sure they are not covered with metal shavings or other crud. The codes are:

P0373 = CKP Sensor Intermittent
P0374 = CKP Sensor Synch Error
B1126 = Right Turn Output Short to Battery TSM/TSSM

Cheers,

TQ

Back