free website stats program Engine cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine cleaning

lesr389

What is the best thing to use to clean my engine. To clean the gunk and grime especially in the places i cant get to without taking off parts?

I'm a fan of good old fashion $0.99 engine degreaser and a hose. I know folks who swear by Pig Snot, too.

Many people seem to like S-100 products (make specifically for motorcycles). Lots of good reviews on Amazon. I haven't tried them yet. They have stand alone engine cleaner spray too.

I know the Pig Snot and one of the S100 products is for the wrinkle finish and its not necessarily a cleaner but a spray on for a blacker newer looking wrinkle finish.

They may have a cleaner too but I am not aware of it. Whatever you use be sure to rinse and then rinse some more....

I use Gunk foamy engine spray top to bottom even back around my drive pulley. I use a round bottle brush for small hard to reach places.

What is the best thing to use to clean my engine. To clean the gunk and grime especially in the places i cant get to without taking off parts?
once you get it clean, try using a good wash n wax for frequent washing. then the dirt comes right off the next washing. also old tooth brushes bend to fit a lot of hard to reach places.

I have used S100 total cycle cleaner with pretty good results, a lot of rinsing is required. Lately I have been using Greased Lightening, about the same results but cheaper.

I have used S100 total cycle cleaner with pretty good results, a lot of rinsing is required. Lately I have been using Greased Lightening, about the same results but cheaper.

:D Roger that, but lots of rinsing to prevent streaking

I guess mine never gets dirty enough that good ole soap and water can't take care of. My issue is trying to keep the rear spoked wheel clean, that in itself is the biggest pain.:(

Back