free website stats program Engine and Battery lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine and Battery lights

bigdawg95c

On my '12 Tri-Glide, when riding my engine and battery light comes on, I am guessing it is due to the heat, any suggestions on how I can verify this before going to the dealership?

On my '12 Tri-Glide, when riding my engine and battery light comes on, I am guessing it is due to the heat, any suggestions on how I can verify this before going to the dealership?

Take a look at where your voltage regulator's rubber plug is plugged into the engine case for the stator. If that backs out just a little. The voltage regulator wont be making contact and it causes the rubber plug to do a melt down.

zoood

Welcome to The Forum http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-49148.html Have a look here, you can verify the regulator is not working properly by checking the voltage engine running with a volt meter on the battery. Call your dealer to set an appointment it is a warranty issue:s

I know it's new but I would also check the battery cables at both ends. Make sure they are clean and tight.

If the bike was manufactured from oct 11 thru feb 12.. It's the voltage Regulator..Free swapout at the dealership.

You are only the 1000 th person with this issue mine did the same and also 6 gear light would come on.

It was the voltage regulator, I found out the hard way, was on the way home from work yesterday and it died about 2 miles from the house, I could only push it for little over a mile then exhaustion hit, due to the 105 degree heat. Dealership is coming today to pick it up and fix. Love the warrantees! I didnt think in less than 90 days of owning it, this would have happened already.... oh well. Thanks for all the information! Keep on Riding!!!!!

Back