free website stats program EMF's and security system | Harley Davidson Forums

EMF's and security system

Redfish-Joe

Yesterday I parked in front of and between two large AC units at IHOP. Went to leave and security system went off. First I thought the battery in the fob was dead so I changed that. Didn't help. Long story short. Moved the bike well away from AC units and EMF interference and bike started. EMF (Electro Magnetic Force) can and will interfere with the signal for the fob to the security system.

This is a great heads up for riders with the security system. Maybe Hoople will chime in with some type of shielding that can be used to help with this problem.

Do I have to put the copper wire front, back, top, bottom and both sides of my bike? Or maybe just around the amp?

Has anyone bypassed the FOB and just run the bike with the key like it was before the FOB. They are becomming a pain in the ?

Has anyone bypassed the FOB and just run the bike with the key like it was before the FOB. They are becomming a pain in the ?

There is a 5 digit code the owner should have to bypass the system . Unfortunately the code I had was wrong since I purchased my bike used. The original owner had a code written down for it but it didn't work. I went by the HD shop and they reset the code for me. I know it works now.

There is a 5 digit code the owner should have to bypass the system . Unfortunately the code I had was wrong since I purchased my bike used. The original owner had a code written down for it but it didn't work. I went by the HD shop and they reset the code for me. I know it works now.
Thanks Joe, I have my code but I'm wondering if I can disconect the FOB system and only worry about the key system, One time the Fob battery goes dead the next time I put in my pocket with some sort of electric device, then you need to watch were you park. I'm thinking it might be easier without the use of the FOB. I can still lock the ignition and lock the steering if needed. Is there a way to take the FOB system off?

For permanent bypass of a FOB, you would have to replace the TSSM/HFTSSM with a TSM.

Interesting,,That is good to know. I have read that if you loose the code, you must replace the TSSM because there is no way to reset the security code to default. So it looks like the Digital Tech the dealer has will do it.

For permanent bypass of a FOB, you would have to replace the TSSM/HFTSSM with a TSM.

Interesting,,That is good to know. I have read that if you loose the code, you must replace the TSSM because there is no way to reset the security code to default. So it looks like the Digital Tech the dealer has will do it.
Thanks Hoople, that answers my question, I just need to get used to the little problems with the dreaded FOB.

Back