free website stats program Emergency Room | Harley Davidson Forums

Emergency Room

joel

Got a piece of metal in my left wrist right on my surgery site from January.
It is in the or as close as it gets to, the blood vain. Burns if I move it.
Sat down at 1 pm its 5:11 pm now.
Good thing I got it to plug up before I drove down here or I could have been running on empty.
At least all the street people are gone and it's beginning to smell like a hospital.

15702534897788807598045278500320.jpg
Well this is what the dr. Dug out.
It came in than deep under the skin. The forceps we in about 1/2 inch when she felt it and after a couple tries got it out.
After the extraction I thought it would have been good to video the procedure
So I could share my experience. But by the time I thought about it she was holding it up to show me.
Going to be black and blue for a couple days.

Last edited:
Back in the Providence urgent care do to the hole still leaks and changing the bandage every 45 minutes isn't fun.

Attachments

• 15702899129574399992425290176763.jpg
    15702899129574399992425290176763.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 11
How'd the metal get in there? You were ridin along and it happened? Working a lathe?Just lucky?

We own a repair shop and I had a retired vet that brought in a spindle off his car that has needed a wheel bearing replaced but was concerned that he didn't have enough money to do both the press work and a new rotor. Said he saved up $300.00 and he already bought his food, laundry soap and a few other needs.
So I looked up the cost of a new rotor and told him it would be under $200.00
So even though I am not released from the dr to do this type of work only 5 weeks out from right hand carpel tunnel surgery I began to knock the hub out of the bearing using a driver and hammer when a chip broke free from one of them and shot into my wrist. Going in just above the scar from the ganglion cyst repair and next to the carpel tunnel scar. Done in January on my birthday.
It was the 3rd strike of the hammer and they are probably still on the floor or wherever they landed.
Now both hands hurt like crazy .

Back