free website stats program electronic ignition | Harley Davidson Forums

electronic ignition

HardJohn

I have a 79 FLH with a Crane Hi-4 dual fire electronic ignition. The module has shorted out. Should I replace with the same Crane product, or would someone recommend another electronic ignition system that fits in the crankcase cone? Has anyone tried the CompuFire Elite? Would you recommend single or dual fire?

I have a '91 EVO (Dyna) that I put the Spyke controller on. Fits in the nose cone. I went with the single fire but it is multi-spark. I did both the controller and the coil at the same time. Easy install, and timing is a snap too. The folks at Spyke are very helpful on the phone if you need some tech help.

Spyke Super Comp Ignitions

TQ

Last edited:
I'm a Dyna fan.The 2000i will fit in the timer cover.If you already have a dual fire coil there's no reason to change unless you want to.With the Dyna 2000i you can run single or dual fire so if ya wanna go there later it's just a flick of the switch.There are many options with this ignition but you don't have to use them all.It's pretty much a plug and play set up.

Look at me!

Nah timing the older bikes is just a messy job.Static timing is easy.And as long as the resistance of your existing coil is within Dyna's specs (3 OHm I think) it'll do just fine.

Back