free website stats program electrical problem | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical problem

specialedition7

I have 06 roadking my starter button started working only when i fliped the run button up and down.Then it wouldn,t work at all,now the starter button,horn,speedometer,brake light, cruise and turn signals don,t work. Any ideas need my bike to ride to work. Thank You Larry Smith

I'm certainly no electrical expert but here's what I've seen many recommend as a starting point:

1. Check all battery connections
2. Check all fuses

Are you showing a check engine light or any codes?

Maybe a bad ignition switch. Wiggle the switch while you watch the dash lights. See if you get any action. You may also want to check your Maxi Fuse (if present) or main fuse/circuit breaker for a poor connection.

Does sound like a main feed line failure.

Hey you guys are awesome i wiggled the ignition switch and things started working. How do i go about changing the ignition switch. Thank You again for the quick reply you really care. Larry Smith

Larry, you can't go wrong getting a manual download. Every bike is a little different from the next.

Documents / eBooks: DOWNLOAD: Harley

A little more $ at the dealership but is full of great reading.

Others may give you a step by step but I have not done it yet so I can't say.

As always, Hoople is right on!

Even though the Self Help section of this forum is priceless and the membership can pretty much walk you through ANY problems, it is highly recommended that you get the Service Manual for your specific bike. The official HD one, not one of the "wanna be's."

Back