free website stats program electrical nightmare | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical nightmare

tony2800

Hopefully someone out there can help me, I have an 01 dyna and I had someone attempt to put aftermarket front blinkers on it, well he never finished the job(there not hooked up at all) when I got my bike back, the back right blinker would stay on but wouldnt blink no matter what I did, so I took the bulb out and now my back left blinker just came on by itself(this side is blinking) and no matter what I do I cant get them to turn off. so I have one blinker blinking and one thats just lit up all the time when the bike is on, Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this.

If it's not a wiring problem that the blinkers are wired wrong, it could be a problem in the TSM (turn signal module). Without the front blinkers connected, the load on the TSM is changed from where it is set when it is manufactured and will not work properly to blink the lights . Only after reconnecting a double filament light to each front position will you be able to tell if the system will work properly. The load of the front light on the system should tell the story here.

Yeah, what Glider said. The same thing will happen when one of your bulbs burns out (once you get the fronts back on!!). You will get that side good bulb coming on solid, with the burned out one dark. Makes figuring out what to fix easy!!

TQ

I tried it with my stock blinkers on the harley and it still does not work. I understand that when the front blinkers arent hooked up that the blinker will not blink. but these blinkers will not turn off with the blinker controls, they just stay on when ever the bike is running or if the key is in the ignition position. its almost like they are controling themselves. I thought it was a short but I cant find it.

Back