free website stats program Electraglide Saddle Bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Electraglide Saddle Bags

BBU2

I just put new weatherstips on the lids of my hard bags and now I can't get the lids to latch shut. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment in the latch. Anyone have a suggestion?

Make sure the canvas flap is curling in and not getting trapped and it should shut.Why did you put new weatherstripping on an 09?

Make sure the canvas flap is curling in and not getting trapped and it should shut.Why did you put new weatherstripping on an 09?
It isn't on the '09 it's on an '02 Classic I'm building. This is a new saddle bag lid that I had to put the gasket on. The canvas strap is off. I have loosened all of the attaching screws and it still won't latch. That trick worked on the right side bag but not on this one so far.

Do you have the bag on the bike or off? The reason I ask I just replaced a lid on my left bag because I put a scratch on the old one anyway I replaced the lid on my living room floor tried to latch it it wouldn't checked it several times couldn't see anything wrong, compared it to the right side looked the same, took it back apart tried unsuccessfully again, finally on the third try I had my wife assist in holding the bag while I tried to latch it, it latched perfectly she ask whats the problem, not what I wanted to hear at that time my patients where a little thin. I took the bag out to the garage and installed it back on the bike it latches every time perfect, I guess I wasn't holding my tongue right lol

It's on the kitchen counter. I'll try it on the bike tomorrow. The other one latched off the bike OK but I'll try anything at this point.
Does anyone know if that spring can be replaced seperately or do I have to buy a whole latch assembly?

Back