free website stats program electraglide saddle bags replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

electraglide saddle bags replacement

The left bag may not be problem. The right bag will be because of the indention on front back side for the battery. The mounts/quick disconnects may have to be changed also. I rebuilt a '92 UC from the ground up for my son in 2011-12 so that's what i remember.
tourbox

The left bag may not be problem. The right bag will be because of the indention on front back side for the battery. The mounts/quick disconnects may have to be changed also. I rebuilt a '92 UC from the ground up for my son in 2011-12 so that's what i remember.
tourbox

Tourbox is correct here, the right side bag is the problem, the battery and oil tank location limit's you here

i understand that the rightside might be a problem but can it be done? will a side cover from a 93 and up fit over the oilbag i know i would have to relocate the battery under the seat.

Anything can be done if you are willing to spend enough time and money. I looked at doing what you are talking about when I owned an '86 EG Classic. Ultimately, I decided it was not worth the effort required. In answer to whether or not the newer side cover will fit, not without doing something with the filler neck on the oil bag at the very least. Beyond that, I think the mounting points are different.

Back