free website stats program Electra Glide Ultra Classic Gas Tanks | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide Ultra Classic Gas Tanks

DIEHARD

Need help! I just bought a 2003 100th Anniversary silver/black gas tank that has a factory sticker that says its a FLHRCI which is a Road King, the gas tank only has the center hole and not the left hole gas meter or the right side gas fill hole so I know the sticker is wrong. My question is , if I know its a 2003 how many styles or models of gas tanks are made in that year. I know of the Electra Glide Ultra Classic and the Electra Glide Classic and touring models are all these fuel tanks made from the same templet and only differ by the paint , fuel pumps, consoles and factory equipment installed that specifies which model the tank becomes?

It is too confusing for me to type a reply here. Follow the below link, and you can figure it out. Basically it looks like two different tanks available, center fill, and side fill.

For the Road King there is only 1 tank available. It has the dual gas caps, but only 1 for fuel. The other is a gauge, center raised section for gas level sending unit. That would be carbed or Fuel Inj. The FLH'S have a single center hole for fuel. Same tank again for carbed or Fuel Inj. Road King tank P/N 61268-03. FLH'S P/N 61356-03. Both of those #'s show to be Primed only.
tourbox

Thank you I did some research myself and I found out that for a least my 2003 gas tank with only the center hole it will fit these bikes:
Road Glides, Electra Glides Ultra Classic, Electra Glides Classic & Touring Models.

Yes it should fit all those from 2003 up to 2007. In '08 they went to the 6 gal. tank. What bike are you putting it on?
tourbox

I came across this at a flee market and snapped it up, got a great deal on it. I will most likely sell it to buy other stuff as you never seem to get done with upgrades.

Back