free website stats program electra glide standard chrome | Harley Davidson Forums

electra glide standard chrome

kdaddy

I have an 05 Electra Glide Standard that I bought used a few years back. I just noticed when looking at some newer models that they do not have chrome rocker boxes etc. Thye are polished aluminum.
My 05 has chrome rocker boxes, lifter blocks, cam chest cover, primary cover , tranny trap door and tranny cover/
Was this standard on the 05 standards?
Was it an option?, or it is aftermarket add-ons?

Appreciate if anyone knows

One of my buddies has an 05 too and it has aluminum on it. I would guess they were put on at some point. I am sure other owners here will chime in too..

I don't know about your model, but such goodies being chrome, and several more, was part of the "Classic" package for the RoadKing (at least in '03).

Enjoy,
Rich P

My Road King is a "standard" FLHR and it has the chrome. I believe that the touring models all came chrome during this time frame.

2003 Electra-Glide standard came with a natural finish motor and polished aluminum rocker covers, cam cover, primary etc. The Classic came with chrome on these items and chrome saddlebag rails as well as the black motor with polished cylinder fins. I researched that extensively last winter when I started looking for Streetglides & E-Glides. Every standard I came across when buying had polished covers and the natural finish motor which I didn't want. Somewhere the Moco may have begun using chrome on the "standard" models based on consumer preference but I'm not 100% sure if and when they did that. I would say, if the motor is natural finish and the covers are chrome, somebody somewhere probably changed them out. If the motor is black, then it came with them. The Moco never issued a touring model with a black motor and polished covers. Wrinkle black yes, but polished no :s

I have an 05 Electra Glide Standard that I bought used a few years back. I just noticed when looking at some newer models that they do not have chrome rocker boxes etc. Thye are polished aluminum.
My 05 has chrome rocker boxes, lifter blocks, cam chest cover, primary cover , tranny trap door and tranny cover/
Was this standard on the 05 standards?
Was it an option?, or it is aftermarket add-ons?

Appreciate if anyone knows

I have a 2005 EGS. All the standards come with Aluminum finishes. The chrome stuff was added unless the customer ordered it from the factory that way, or had the dealer put these items on after purchase..https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fb4nqng1xcsbuo/2013-10-09 17.54.13.jpg

All FLHT models I have seen and owned are an entry level Touring model with NO frills unless ordered that way before delivery:s

Back