free website stats program EFI to Carb conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI to Carb conversion

Crambo

This may raise a few eyebrows but has anyone converted their EFI to carb or would consider doing it.

I have read about it lots on another forum - it's apparently a fairly easy swap. Yes I've considered it, probably would have gone forward if I wasn't saving up to buy my 1st house, but that's another story....
anyways, part list (not mine):

Engine mount (with slot for choke) ……. 16315-99
Choke cable ……. 29229-88B
Choke elbow ……. 27580-88
Choke boot ……. 27582-88
Intake manifold ……. 27613-99
Manifold seals ……. 26995-86B
Seal ring (carb/manifold)…… 27002-89
Ignition Harness ……. 32435-00
Manifold sensor (MAP) ……. 32316-99
Manifold sensor seal ……. 11291
Retaining clip ……. 38723-99
Retaining clip screw ……. 68042-99
1. Stock Petcock- 61338-94D $58
Stock CV40 Carb- 27412-99D
You will also need the ign module of your choice.

Total price for this parts list (using zanotti's) is roughly $300, not including the carb and ignition.
You can find stock parts for cheap on ebay, or, of course there's new high end components if that's your way. Depending on what components are in your engine...If it's stock or stage1, i think you can buy the stock ignition and just plug and go. Upgraded engine likely needs an adjustable ignition (daytona twin tec is popular) or similar.

There's lots of info about this swap out there, just google search "harley efi to carb" and you'll find plenty of links.

Last edited:
This may raise a few eyebrows but has anyone converted their EFI to carb or would consider doing it.

If your interested, I have attached a .pdf file that will walk you through the conversion. The attached file documents, with text and photos, a conversion that uses an Evo intake, S&S SuperB carb and AMM-P3 ignition. I have not done the conversion but would assume that you could make substitutions for the carb/manifold and ignition.

Attachments

• Two Desperados EFI to Carb Conversion.pdf
    816.1 KB · Views: 201
The Desperados article is a good read for sure. I'm not sure how using a different ignition would affect the build (more/less complicated??), but I for one sure as heck wouldn't buy that AMM unit for the $500+ whatever it costs.

I have read about it lots on another forum - it's apparently a fairly easy swap. Yes I've considered it, probably would have gone forward if I wasn't saving up to buy my 1st house, but that's another story....
anyways, part list (not mine):

Engine mount (with slot for choke) ……. 16315-99
Choke cable ……. 29229-88B
Choke elbow ……. 27580-88
Choke boot ……. 27582-88
Intake manifold ……. 27613-99
Manifold seals ……. 26995-86B
Seal ring (carb/manifold)…… 27002-89
Ignition Harness ……. 32435-00
Manifold sensor (MAP) ……. 32316-99
Manifold sensor seal ……. 11291
Retaining clip ……. 38723-99
Retaining clip screw ……. 68042-99
1. Stock Petcock- 61338-94D $58
Stock CV40 Carb- 27412-99D
You will also need the ign module of your choice.

Total price for this parts list (using zanotti's) is roughly $300, not including the carb and ignition.
You can find stock parts for cheap on ebay, or, of course there's new high end components if that's your way. Depending on what components are in your engine...If it's stock or stage1, i think you can buy the stock ignition and just plug and go. Upgraded engine likely needs an adjustable ignition (daytona twin tec is popular) or similar.

There's lots of info about this swap out there, just google search "harley efi to carb" and you'll find plenty of links.

hey... i joined this site specifically for this reason.. i've started collecting parts for the conversion on my 08 flstsb and im in the process of trying to figure out what would be more cost effective..(cuz im cheap)..lol

i think the amm-p3 conversion is the easiest and cheapest overall but it doesn't get rid of ECM and the miles of new harness..

i've done alot of research and the parts list above is great! do you know for what year bike though?

hey crambo..
hows the conversion coming along?? any progress?? im trying to do the same thing to my 08 flstsb and any help w/ planning or sharing knowledge would be appreciated!!

New to this forum. Also have a FLSTSB and I want to dump the EFI. Power Commander, new pipes, high flow intake - still cant get the dang thing right - and hate the new EFI sound. One fellow bro commented why do this? For me, It's all about the old school sound and less of the new higer tech garbage to mess up and fork out more money to keep going (Reliability). Found a link to a place that is selling a kit for conversion by 4x4tuff (its on the net but I cant yet post the link) but it contains a mikuni carb which is an issue for me (I prefer american made stuff on my american made bike). Also - very pricey! Please let me know how your conversion is going. I am waiting for my tax return to come next spring before I take this leap.

Back