free website stats program ECM wiring harness questions | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM wiring harness questions

Peacemaker510

If I were to remove abs, radio, tach, oil pres, clock and batt gauge's out from a 2008 SG harness use a 2008-12 103ci RK ECM. Would the ECM run the bike without putting the bike in safe mode?
Or installing a Zippers Thundermax #309-362 ThunderMax® with AutoTune for 2008 Throttle-By-Wire for Touring. Remove components wires from harness from a 2008 SG harness?

I want to build a RK from a 2008 SG harness but my want to option install/remove wire to componants on inner farings or extend harness.

Special constructin build not sure what look as far as RK/RG or SG.

The 08 & 12 ECM p/n is the same. It should work. On a new ECM it must be programed by the dealer first, at least that's what I understand. I don't what you mean by Safe mode. Maybe Hoople will be along shortly.
tourbox

limp mode where you cant ride over 40 mph. if you switch out your ECM to a thundermax is there any need to mary the thundermax your TSM/TSSM.

limp mode where you cant ride over 40 mph. if you switch out your ECM to a thundermax is there any need to mary the thundermax your TSM/TSSM.

The unit can be removed and the original ECU replaced in about 30 minutes. Nothing in the factory wiring harness is modified. You would need to remove the wide range oxygen sensors and replace the HD narrow range ones. The Thundermax ECU, excluding the oxygen sensors, is a plug in exact replacement for the delphi ECU, and can be replaced in about 1 minute. Thundermax ecm Questions - Harley Davidson Community Here is some more reading that may answer your questions

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were to remove abs, tach,and oil pres, gauge's out from a 2008 SG harness use a 2008-12 103ci RK ECM. Would the ECM run the bike without putting the bike in safe mode/limp mode?
Or installing a Zippers Thundermax #309-362 ThunderMax® with AutoTune for 2008 Throttle-By-Wire for Touring. Removing wires from harness not need for a RK build from a 2008 SG harness?
Can someone direct me to a thread that may help

Back