free website stats program Easy pull clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

Easy pull clutch

mesaaz54

I recentley bought a 1998 FatBoy with an easy pull clutch. My question is has any one encountered a hard time getting there bike into neutral? The dealer were I bought the bike said its common when you install the easy pull .
Has anyone run up against this before and I am getting good information from my dealer??

Last edited:
Glider has given you some great info and the adjustments need to be followed closely. I have found on my 94 FLSTC that I also have to make sure my primary chain is adjusted properly or finding neutral can be a bear.

Raising the revs a wee bit to about 1800 rpm will help with finding neutral

Brian

I have a 1998 Fatboy and installed the easy pull. My bike has always been difficult to find neutral. Adjusting the clutch pack per the manual will help. I haven't noticed what oil I run in the primary to make much difference. Good luck.:D

I have a 1998 Fatboy and installed the easy pull. My bike has always been difficult to find neutral. Adjusting the clutch pack per the manual will help. I haven't noticed what oil I run in the primary to make much difference. Good luck.:D

Changing the TRANS oil will help. Spectro oil will prove it too.

My 89 FLH was very hard to find neutral, I changed the gear lube to syn gear lube(Amsoil gear lube 75/90) and after about 500 miles it shifted much easier and neutral is a breeze now, I'd try the lube first.

Amazing how the right lube in the primary and tranny, combined with a proper clutch and primary chain adjustment will do, I have found by rolling forward and back with the clutch in just a few feet no more clunk:s

Red Line Shockproof Heavy is a good choice for the transmission too. I find that it is a bit easier to locate locally too. Red Line V-Twin Transmission oil is the same thing only repackaged.

It made a big difference on finding neutral on my 03. I too have the Easy Pull clutch.

Remove the easy pull box, adjust the clutch per Gliders instructions, re-install the easy pull. I have found this is the easiest way to get the adjustment right witrh the easy pull. Done it a bunch of times for friends that have installed one.

And the dealers line of neutral is harder to find with one installed, is just a reason to brush off the issue.

Back