free website stats program Easy Pull Clutch Install. | Harley Davidson Forums

Easy Pull Clutch Install.

Great Find! I've been looking for instructions for a while but these are the most detailed and use the most pictures I have seen yet!

I'm interested also due to a physical disability in my left hand. Would like to see or use one before I purchase one. Thanks for the Post HDDon.

Last edited:
Looking at the tenth picture down, is the cable going to rub as it goes out of the side cover since it's at a different angle and position than before? I don't have one but have thought about it.

Apr, 2013.

Wife bought a 2005 Heritage and immediately complained about the difficulty in pulling the clutch in.

Harley sells an Easy Pull kit for $50 which consists of a clutch "ramp" as illustrated in the pictures and a clutch spring, P/N 36808-05 that fits '99 - '05 twin cam models. The new ramp reduces the ramp angle from stock 21 degrees (stamped on ramp) to 19 degrees (not stamped on ramp). That helped a little.

But the BIG difference was installing the supplied clutch spring accessible via the left side cover that is used to inspect chain oil level. Wow! That really made pulling the clutch easy.

One more thing. We ordered some aftermarket levers that are chromed and thinner than stock and the clutch lever has 5 adjustable positions of reach. I put the clutch lever on the closest and she is very happy (brake lever has no adjustments but is thinner therefore a bit close to the bar). She wants thinner grips so that is next.

In 2006 HD started putting this new spring and ramp on the softails stock from the factory. They also started using teflon inner coated clutch cables. That is also supposed to help a wee bit but I think it would be very minor and don't feel the need to go there.

Google easy pull clutch and you'll get a variety of how-to instructions.

Norm

Keep us posted please. I'm sure some of the guys who are fortunate enough to have their ladies ride along beside them may benefit.

The kit I purchased in 2006 for my 03 Lists the part numbes encluded in the kit. The ramps and balls were the same ones installed already. The only thing different is the cluth spring itself and available by itself and there is no need to open up the trap door side unless you like spending money to spend money. I recently did the same for my wife on a 2012 Heritage Softail Classic with a 103. Apparently the 103's used the pre 06 clutch for the bigger motor.

Back