free website stats program E3 Spark Plugs | Harley Davidson Forums

E3 Spark Plugs

franka

Been hearing and reading a lot about this new E3 plug which is supposed to fire hotter and burn fuel more efficiently creating more horsepower, better mileage and cleaner emissions. Curious to know if anyone is using them and your thoughts? Price is right, only 6 bucks cheaper than HD stock

Spark plug manufacturers have been making the same claim for different plugs forever. Stock plugs work just as well in a stock or close to stock engine.

I doubt any of them are much better than a stock plug, but they are all cheaper it seems. That being said, if the plug is less money than OEM and as good if not better, save the cash and spend it on beer.

HD anti-knock operation is tied to stock plugs, measurements made during combustion. This must be considered when selecting spark plugs.

Enjoy,
Rich P

HD anti-knock operation is tied to stock plugs, measurements made during combustion. This must be considered when selecting spark plugs.

Enjoy,
Rich P

How could the system be intelligent enough to know what kind of plugs are installed? I don't see how that would be technically possible to achieve.

How could the system be intelligent enough to know what kind of plugs are installed? I don't see how that would be technically possible to achieve.

SUPPOSEDLY, it's tied to the resistance of the plug. I'm doubtful also. Isn't the resistance of a dirty old, worn gap Harley plug different than a new Harley plug?

I think the OP's comment about the price of the plugs being less than Harley Stock, ment Harley Stock shares, not Harley Stock plugs??

HD plugs are as good as any & not spendy at all. I'd just keep running them b/c they work well & I've always got a set ready in the bags.

I question the anti-knock also. "If" the computer is set to work with the stock plugs, do you have to re-set computer if Screamin' Eagle platinum plugs are installed?
wilks3

Back