free website stats program Dyno In Southern California? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno In Southern California?

HDCVO

Hello all and Happy New Year. I am new here.

I own a 2007 Dyna FXDSE I just put the Reinhart slip on mufflers on and I am getting some popping on deceleration.
Not real loud but it is still there.

Anyone here know a good Dyno Shop that can dial my bike in?
I was told that there is no performance download for the screaming eagle bike, and that the popping is not going to damage the engine but,,,,,

I am located in the LA / Long Beach area in So Cal.

Thank you

It's not uncommon to get some popping (more like gurgling) on decel with those pipes but some fuel management would be the best bet.

What fuel enrichment are you planning on doing? If it is a PC III you are considering go to the website and they have a listing of dynos there. Find one with tuning link for best results.

Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Otherwise you have a choice of tuner types to decide on and go from there.

I was told that the Power commander was the best one.
Thank you I will check out there web site.

I wouldn't say the PC was the best one, it depends on what you are looking to do.

The SERT has many more adjustment points than the PC does. The key factor is that the PC can be removed without a trace and the SERT makes a footprint in the ECM so the dealer can tell it was there.

Major thing is to find a good tuner for which ever one you choose. There's good and bad tuners and you don't know what you get till you ride it and hope for the best.

I did a PCIII and a screamin eagle A/c with the python 2:1 and have no popping at all. I did all of my own work and it worked out very well for me.

I had a ball with the computer hooked up to the bike and watching the numbers change while it was running.

Power commander has a lot of maps for a lot of set ups.

I too love my powercommander. Very easy to make adjustments with a laptop. However, I know it is not the only worthy candidate. Check out the numerous posts by Glider on the subject of fuel management. That is where I got most of my education!!!!

After I get the wifes bike finished I am off on a mission.
I have been reading the posts Glider has put up.
Very informative! Thank you!
As for me doing the actual engine adjustment, My bikes and I have an agreement, I do not wrench on them and they stay running. I am a machinist and I learned early on that to be a good engine mechanic is a skill that I just do not have. I can make the parts but getting them to work right together?? not in the old DNA... LOL...

pcIII is the best way to go as long as you get to a shop that knows how to tune it properly. i'm in virginia and the shop i'm at is great but i dont know any in ca.

After I get the wifes bike finished I am off on a mission.
I have been reading the posts Glider has put up.
Very informative! Thank you!
As for me doing the actual engine adjustment, My bikes and I have an agreement, I do not wrench on them and they stay running. I am a machinist and I learned early on that to be a good engine mechanic is a skill that I just do not have. I can make the parts but getting them to work right together?? not in the old DNA... LOL...

Glad you got some information out of the posts.:D

Back