free website stats program Dyno and remap | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno and remap

Hoopie

Dealer is going to replace mufflers on my new '09 Ultra 110 due to discoloration. They are going to do a dyno and remap the engine. I am not sure I know exacty why they are going to do this except they said the engine was running too lean. What should I be expecting and asking at the dealership? A buddy said I should ask for a read out after the dyno? What will this show me? As you can see I am new and on a long learning curve. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the read out will tell you max Torque and Horsepower .. but what your really want to see is the fuel chart or curve and see if it is nice and steady or jumps up and down .. smooth is goooood jumpy is bad... also ya want to know are they tuning for best rideabilty or just full throttle runs

I am also on a long learning curve. What is the difference in how they dyno for full throttle runs or best rideability? And what do you mean by "full throttle runs" and "best rideability"?

Full throttle is just liek it sounds they tune it for max everything HP and torque .. that doesnt always make the best rideable bike .. you can turn then to like a light switch on or off .. no in between no fun to ride..

you want a smooth Curve.. Smooth makes it more rideable or i should say streetable .. the ones that tune for full throttle runs are more for racing down the track or dyno shootouts.. power will still be there very late in the rpm range where you would almost never hit on the street .. and tuning for full throttle only can leave you with incorrect fuel to air ratio in the lower rpms

now this is my opinion and other might have another one

What i would want is a bike that just pulls .. like they describe some of the old hot rods a Stump puller.. it comes on early and stays late instead of comes on late and screams at high rpms but is a dog at low rpms.. hope that makes sense

Back