free website stats program Dyna Wide Glide Rear Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Wide Glide Rear Tire

HD do a kit to install a 180 in the rear, i spotted it when looking for parts for my 09 Bob, includes spacers and tire basically moved the wheel over slightly to get clearance for the belt
I think that only applies to the 06 and above..

i called a place ( hogpro.com) about wheels for my 07 fxdwg and talked to the guy there. he said a 180 will fit with no problems and a 200 will fit in the swingarm and fender, you just have to center the wheel and deal with the turn signal brackets etc. Does anyone know where i can get a set of rear struts that are just plain with no recess for the turn signals that will bolt on to the stock bike? I am gonna try the 200/55-18 this winter on a 18x 5.5" wheel.

At 5000 miles I replaced the rear with a 180 SE. I rode home with no problems. Didn't have to do any mod for the tire to fit. The next time I rode was out in the country opened it up and at 87 mph It started a wobble from the back to the front. Scared the (edit) out of me.. Took it back to the dealer that did the work. They had it for almost a week. After all the bs back an forth. The dealer tried to tell me that when I put the apes on it that was what started all the problem. I told them that the apes had been on for a couple of months an a few thousand mile later is when it started after they installed the tire. After all was said and done with I ended up with a new front tire & a new rear stock tire. All was done under warrenty. After I chewed a little A$$. Next time I need a new rear tire will be going to a new dealer. I'm still in the market for a 180 or 200 for the WG.. I have seen them on WG's. I know they work.

Hello, I have the DUNLOP Harley Screamin' Eagle GT502 180/60B17. It was installed on my 06 WideGlide with no problems or modifications. I am now replacing it with a new one after about 9,000 miles use. It's been a good tire and looks great.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1016.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1016.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 492
Dont know about the wg but my 06 softail came with a 200/55/17 on a 6 inch rim I just replaced it with a metzler 210/50 /17 the belt is close but has enough room harley used a narrower belt and pully set up in 06 when they went to the 200 but there may be more room on your wg good luck bro let us know how it works out

180 is the widest that can be used with the stock fender. I did the measuring last night. Stock fender is 7 3/4 wide where as the 200 is 8 wide.

when I was at the dealer last night they had a 09 softail custom on the floor with a 200 on it. that is where I got the measurments. I didn't measure the swing arm maybe go back this afternoon and do that.

Hi Folks,

2006 Dynas can use a 180 60 17 tire. For most, the kit is not necessary; it is used to change the direction of travail of the rear turn signal wires under the fender. The same thing is accomplished with the installation of the turn signal relocation kit, IIRC about $28.00 or the the installation of a sissy bar kit. Do check the service manual, I believe the information is in there or possibly in the accessory catalog.

BTW, the bike will perform better with the stock tire and get better gas millage, or so I was told by the service manager, less weight.

Best to all,

Pixs
:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Back