free website stats program Dyna Streetbob w/HID Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Streetbob w/HID Kit

Just installed an HID kit on my wife's 07 Streetbob. Gotta tell you, they look sweet. No more riding with the high beams at night for her. Fixing to put some on my 06 Roadking Custom this weekend. They 8000k with the slim ballast. Let me tell you, they were somewhat of a headache finding a place to hide them i did it. I purchased my kit at a shop here in Houston off Jones/FM 1960. The name of the shop is Parts Solution. I will try to post some pictures of the Bob later.

Pictures would be Great. Did you buy the Bi level H4 capsule bulb? (hi-lo beam shifter). When you check the light pattern against a wall or garage door, do you still have a sharp light cut-off?
Is your headlight globe a 5 3/4" or 7 inch ?
Tks!

I'm interested (and came to the site because of this post), did you have to install an entire kit? I was told I just needed the bulbs themselves - which I purchased, and have yet to install - rather than a kit. Can you perhaps give me an idea of what the kit was made up of?

Thanks in advance!

I was told I just needed the bulbs themselves - which I purchased, and have yet to install -

Are you sure they are HID? HID bulbs won't work by themselves. You need the power supply for them (ballast) and relay wiring kit if you still want Hi/Lo beam. Low beam only is easier to install but still requires a ballast transformer.

If you can see a coiled filament, they are not HID.

Back