free website stats program dyna shock adjustment for rider | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna shock adjustment for rider

Jimmy_k

Does anyone have suggestions for shock adjustment to compensate for a rider? I'm guessing about 130 pounds (she would Never tell me the real weight).

Thanks,
Jimmy

Just increase the preload by one notch. If you bottom out on the harder bumps, give it another turn.

Do not let her know you guessed at a weight and told anyone what it was. She will never forgive you for thinking she is fat. :lolrolling

Like Jake said. And if it bottoms with her on the back just say "I don't understand, I set it for a 100 lb. passenger". She won't say anything about hitting more bumps. :laugh

<<Like Jake said. And if it bottoms with her on the back just say "I don't understand, I set it for a 100 lb. passenger". She won't say anything about hitting more bumps.>>

You may not have the wisdom, but certainly the experience with women!

Does anyone have suggestions for shock adjustment to compensate for a rider? I'm guessing about 130 pounds (she would Never tell me the real weight).

Thanks,
Jimmy

ON MY 2000 FXDS ,,, I found that the best ride ALL AROUND two up was UP FULL..

IF your STOCK shocks are 5 position (4 adjustments) I would go with the highest one..
The weight is NOT the ONLY ISSUE as YOU can only go FULLY UP on shocks.... I found that NOT enough........ So I purchased a MUSTANG saddle seat and that solved a lot of COMFORT problems the BOTH OF US HAD,,, that the shocks didn't address..

THE NEW SEAT NEVER NEEDS TO KNOW THE WEIGHT......

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

I also got the mustang two up seat and it is Really comfortable.

You pre-load the shocks all the way up? I've tried two notches up so far, and that was an improvement. No complaints from the wife on that, but maybe I'll keep cranking it up and see how it feels. Can't know if I don't try it.

I weigh about 190 or so, and guess the wife at 130 which I hope she doesn't see this. Thats let's see 320?

Is there any relationship between load and pre-loading the shocks? Like one click for every 100# or something?

By the way, what do you set them at for riding solo?

Jimmy

NOT REALLY,,,,, I just noticed that UP all the way rode fine and didn't MONKEY with it after that... actually I left it there all the time even riding my 205 lbs around...

signed....BUBBIE

Back