free website stats program Dyna Saddlebags and Turn Signal Relocation | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Saddlebags and Turn Signal Relocation

bwalsh22

Ok, so I just go finished putting the Forward controls on my Dyna (the right way, no hacksaw work) many thanks to this forum for extra instructions and clutch adjustment work.

Now that the weather is nice I am riding as much as possible (last 5 days into work) and I finally realized I have to concede and start thinking about saddlebags. The ones I really like are the distressed leather ones from Harley, they are my favorites so far (not a fan of the Boss bags or many of the others that have been recommended on the site).

What that means is I need to relocate the rear turn signals. Harley recommends the 2 kits, either the standard or the lay down, neither of which I am a big fan of, as I already have a laydown plate that I really like. Any other options out there to relocate the turn signals?

Also, I welcome any other thoughts and suggestions here as well, you guys all have great ideas and thoughts that I do really appreciate.

Check Kuryakyn catalog, They used to make neat set up like the Whiskers, it fit around your license plate and had turn signals built in probably need a load eq also clean looking set up

Yeah Bwalsh, I'm in the same boat as you. Want to start riding to work, but have so much 'stuff' to carry, need to consider saddlebags or something.

Almost bought a set of really nice looking leather throw-over bags from a guy off of a Wideglide, and checked into what all it would take. Definitely a turn signal relocation kit (about 90 bucks or so) and either Ghost Brackets or EZ Brackets (about 155 or so).

And, I wasn't sure if the bags off a Wideglide would fit on the FXDC or not. So, I declined the bags and am considering other options.

Like maybe a sissybar bag. Much cheaper, no brackets, and would do the job. I'm still in the thinking about it stage though.

Good luck with it -- there's so many ways to go. By the way, I think the Harley distressed bags are the best look also.

Jimmy

I picked up a small set of leather bags for the O'ladies 06 FXDBI that fit between the shock and the directional for $80 at Daytona flea market. Put them over the Q/C rack (solo seat) on the back so it doesn't touch the paint and no supports needed and no directional relocation needed.

I picked up a small set of leather bags for the O'ladies 06 FXDBI that fit between the shock and the directional for $80 at Daytona flea market. Put them over the Q/C rack (solo seat) on the back so it doesn't touch the paint and no supports needed and no directional relocation needed.

Can't picture it.
Got a photo and a brand name or seller info?

I mount turn signals right on the bags with weatherproof quick disconnects for electrical ease when bags are removed for cleaning. I use flush mount lights. This does require a little know how, not really "bolt on", but not major either.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and ideas. I don't want throw overs, as I know if I put them on they are going to stay on (I am not one to change things too often, takes too much to store them carefully).

I think I am sold on the EasyBrackets. As QehQeh pointed out, that post was the same one I referenced above, but with some better pics. Here is a link for those looking for it.
Great Bike Gear turn signal relocation - Harley Davidson Community

Next step price it all out, and start the ordering. It just took precedence over replacing the thunderheader exhaust.

Back