free website stats program Dyna Saddlebags - 79300-04 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Saddlebags - 79300-04

djzoohelp

Thinking of picking up a set of these saddlebags. I have a 2006 catalog that lists these for my '02 Wide Glide, but they don't seem to be sold by Harley anymore. It's not a problem to buy a pair aftermarket, but I'm wondering if there's a reason these aren't sold anymore. Design problem or such?

Attachments

• 79300-04.jpg
    79300-04.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 270
Thinking of picking up a set of these saddlebags. I have a 2006 catalog that lists these for my '02 Wide Glide, but they don't seem to be sold by Harley anymore. It's not a problem to buy a pair aftermarket, but I'm wondering if there's a reason these aren't sold anymore. Design problem or such?

Not sure about the bags you are referencing, but the bags on my Dyna were very heavy leather with a PLASTIC back facing the tire! The right one (above the pipes!) over time became very distorted from the exposure to the heat. I finally took them to a boot maker here in Texas that sandwiched a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum (that I had cut to shape) between some heavy leather sheets to create new backs. Don't think these will distort!!

This might explain why HD discontinued some bags.

TQ

I have an '03 with the same style bags and the bags have held up well. However, I installed "Bare Backs" so that the bags were removable. I would guess 30% of my miles are with the saddle bags off. I'm don't know why harley isn't carrying the bags anymore.

Mr Threesteps- what is Bare Backs? I have bolt on Harley bags on my Super Glide Custom and I wish they were easily removable. If I take them off I need to unbolt and the entire fender gets unbolted. Thanks.

Bare Backs are replacements for the stock saddle bag "hard" bolt connections. I liked them because they didn't push my bags out from the bike like some aftermarket detach kits do. You may be able to find them at cyclevisions.com. However, I bought mine at Miller's Custom Parts in Daytona Beach, FL.

Back